Board Rules & Regs Tech Support Cannot Edit Article

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I do not have an option to edit an article.

I saved my latest article. When I went back to it later I was unable to get the pencil icon to come up when I hovered the pointer over the title. I clicked on my id and went to articles and hovered over the article title in the list. when this produced no results i selected the article and then hovered over the title on the next screen.

nothing. i followed the faq. am i doin’ it wrong?

if it sounds like i’m doing it right, please check my permissions. back in december there was an issue involving the calendar and i know there were changes regarding groups.

FreebieQueen

@HerbLady 266708 wrote:

I do not have an option to edit an article.

I saved my latest article. When I went back to it later I was unable to get the pencil icon to come up when I hovered the pointer over the title.

Once an article has been approved for publishing or has been published it is not longer “editable”.

This is getting stranger. I should have 1 published article about multigenerational living and 2 unpublished. I was not trying to edit a published article.

In fact, today my article on debt is missing completely (yes, I did save it, that is the one I was trying to edit), and the article on seedlings in February says it will be published on 1/25. I never published that article, it was still being written and without the ability to edit I can’t even get to the publish option accidently.

Halp meh!

Liss
      Keymaster

@HerbLady 266926 wrote:

This is getting stranger. I should have 1 published article about multigenerational living and 2 unpublished. I was not trying to edit a published article. In fact, today my article on debt is missing completely (yes, I did save it, that is the one I was trying to edit), and the article on seedlings in February says it will be published on 1/25. I never published that article, it was still being written and without the ability to edit I can’t even get to the publish option accidently.

Ahh, okay, once you Submit an Article, it shows up on the Admin end as “Complete” – meaning you’re done editing it. At that point, if it doesn’t already have a photo attached to it, we find one and include it, then set it to publish (publicly).

The Debt article is actually considered Blog Post content and is listed under your blog and can be edited there.

The seedlings content is set to auto-publish.

The Multi-generation article published a few weeks ago.

It might be easier when submitting an article to write it in your Blogs Page first under drafts and then Copy & Paste it to the “Articles” Section when you’re ready to publish it. The Articles area, once submitted, is no longer editable due to anti-spam measures in place and we really have no other solution for it at the moment.

On the Seedlings article, I just created a draft for you in the blog area that only you can see. When the article is to your satisfaction, let me know and I’ll update your CMS article.

I’m currently looking into other solutions, such as varying permissions settings based on post count, but until then . . .

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Board Rules & Regs Tech Support Cannot Edit Article