Cannot access any pages other than forum and home

Board Rules & Regs Tech Support Cannot access any pages other than forum and home

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      monnalu

Are you having an issue with your server today? I can only access the home page and the forums since mid-morning. I want to get some of the myo mix recipes and cannot access the pages.

I click on the link and it either tells me the page is not available or it reverts back to the home page.

Liss

You’ll need to clear you browser cache, your browser is loading a cached version of the page when the server was reset.

MissDaisy

@monnalu 392392 wrote:

Are you having an issue with your server today? I can only access the home page and the forums since mid-morning. I want to get some of the myo mix recipes and cannot access the pages.

I click on the link and it either tells me the page is not available or it reverts back to the home page.

csmile1  smilie
      Yes, there was actually a post about it earlier yesterday but if you weren’t able to load pages you probably didnt see it. The error message/ blank page you saw was due to the friendly url direction system being shut off temporarily to reduce the server load. It was all ill-attempt at keeping the site running with over 20,000+ people online at once.

(Not the normal rate of traffic, but I guess that means everyone is enjoying Liss’ Excellent Free Book Deal!)

I see Liss responded to your message briefly but didn’t go into details on this. I’m sure she’s got her hands full with work!

Regardless of which browser you’re using you will need to Completely Clear the Cache and Cookies to empty it and force a clean reload of the site altogether. Any time you visit a site that was working for you and then suddenly stopped, you should do this. Cookies can become corrupt & be missing data causing errors.

Here’s a Link that Explains how to clear your cache in ff:

How do I clear cache in ff? | firefox support forum | mozilla support

here’s a link that explains how to clear your cache in ie (although i don’t know too many people who still use this truncated software!):

How to Clear Your Cache in Internet Explorer | eHow

coffeebath smilie

Thank you for being so understanding and patient, you would not believe some of the emails and letters people send in to the site Demanding this or that and threatening the family that runs the site with writing nasty letters to the site sponsors, or unliking them on fb and never sharing anything from their site again, etc etc. over the years liss has shared a few with us mods, a little side entertainment if you will. :dramathrive:

i digress, again, thank you for having some patience & positive attitude, that’s what our community is all about!

Daisy :smiley-signs061:

luckybolide

@MissDaisy 393384 wrote:

you would not believe some of the emails and letters people send in to the site Demanding this or that and threatening the family that runs the site with writing nasty letters to the site sponsors, or unliking them on fb and never sharing anything from their site again, :

oh my gosh, are you serious? they send nasty letters making demands? um, the site is free, it’s not like they had to pay to use it or pay for anything on it.

isn’t unliking the page or deleting pinterest pins kind of like cutting off your own nose to spite your face? i mean, who do they think they’re really hurting anyway? like billy carrington sings, “people are crazy”.

:voodoodoll:

i wish the world could go back a few years when people had common courtesy and common sense. it saddens me how self absorbed and self-aggrandized people are these days.

impatient smilieif i got a letter like that i’d ask them, what have you done to help people for the last decade??
      i just hope people like that don’t discourage liss from keeping this site running for free, it’s what i can afford right now, lol.

EugeniaSews

@monnalu 392392 wrote:

I had the same problem yesterday too but I have my browser set to purge cookies the second I close it out for security purposes.

Liss

Hey guys, just a heads up, I know the server is acting quirky for you all, it’s kicking me out here and there too and I literally put in over 20 hours on it yesterday. I am working on a solution to change servers as this one can’t handle the spike in traffic. I hope this means people are enjoying my book 😉

In any case, the site will be going down (don’t worry, We’ll Announce it first!!) for a couple hours and when it does, we’ll throw a Facebook Party instead and have a few random drawings for some goodies. Hey, if things have to be a pain, at least we can find a way to go with the flow, right?!

Again, I’m sorry I’ve been so short in email responses, I’m just trying to make sure that no one feels left out or ignored and rest assured we are diligently working on the issues and trying to figure out how to make things run better.

The server host scared me half to death with the new price, it’s literally twice per month what our Home Mortgage was so I hope if you guys are doing any shopping, you’re doing it through our sponsors, lol. All kidding aside, thanks everyone for sticking with us through the tough times!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Board Rules & Regs Tech Support Cannot access any pages other than forum and home