- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated November 23, 2009 at 12:41 am by .
- November 23, 2009 at 12:23 am #278558
Cut off beet tops but leave the root. Wash and cover with boiling water and cook until tender about 15 minutes. Remove the skins and slice the beets or leave the baby beets whole.
In glass canning jars pack the hot beets in and add 1/2 teaspoon salt to pints and 1 teaspoon salt to quarts (use canning salt!) Cover with boiling water, leaving 1/2 inch space at the top. Adjust jar lids. Process in a pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure for 30 minutes for pints and 35 minutes for quarts.
After pressure canner cools down you can remove the jars and complete seals if necessary.
- November 23, 2009 at 12:36 am #426439
I always leave at least 1″ of the tops on otherwise they bleed while cooking.
- November 23, 2009 at 12:41 am #426440
Thanks for adding the tip! I don’t usually have bleeding but occasionally do so will make sure I leave an 1″ and see if that will stop it altogether!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.