- October 14, 2009 at 2:15 pm #277339
Candy Corn Cookies
Butter Cookie Dough (recipe follows)
Cookie Glaze (recipe follows)
Yellow and orange food colorings
1. Prepare Butter Cookie Dough.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut out 3-inch candy corn shapes from dough. Place cutouts on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Prepare Cookie Glaze.
4. Place racks over waxed-paper-lined baking sheets. Divide Cookie Glaze into thirds; place in separate small bowls.
Tint 1/3 glaze with yellow food coloring and 1/3 with orange food coloring. Leave remaining glaze white. Spoon glazes over cookies to resemble candy corn as shown in photo.
Let stand until glaze is set.
Combine 4 cups powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons milk in small bowl. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons more milk as needed to make medium-thick, pourable glaze.
Bat Cookies Omit yellow and orange food colorings. Prepare recipe as directed except use bat cookie cutter to cut out dough.
Bake as directed. Color glaze with black paste food coloring; spoon over cookies.
Butter Cookie Dough
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg yolk in medium bowl. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
2. Cover; refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm.
- October 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm #433948
Sound delicious! Wish I could see the photo ( ad over photo-still newby)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.