- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 3, 2008 at 12:31 am by .
- November 3, 2008 at 12:31 am #265829
With peppermint extract and red food coloring, your kids can turn this simple dough into edible ornaments for the tree.
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Red food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and beat well. Stir in the peppermint and vanilla extracts. Gradually mix in the flour.
2. Divide the dough in half. Color one half with red food coloring and leave the other half plain. Roll out a tablespoon of red dough and a tablespoon of plain until they are each 6 to 8 inches long. Twist them into a candy cane, pinching the ends. Repeat.
3. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not brown.
Makes about 25.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.