- This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated October 26, 2008 at 4:40 pm by .
- October 24, 2008 at 2:27 pm #265241rtebalt
Candy cane bath salts are awesome whether you are just making it for yourself or if you are making it as holiday gifts. This recipe will make 12 12-oz. jars, with a little leftover for you.
Things You’ll Need:
12 12-oz. clear jars, like canning jars
16 cups Epsom Salts, divided in half
6 cups sea salt, divided in half
1/4 tsp. glycerin for each half
12 to 15 drops red food coloring
12 to 15 drops peppermint essential oil
2 large bowlsStep1 – Put half of the Epsom Salts and half the sea salt in each of the two bowls.
Step2 – Add 1/4 tsp. glycerin and six to eight drops peppermint essential oil to one of the bowls.
Step3 – Add 1/4 tsp. glycerin, the food coloring and six to eight drops peppermint essential oil to the other bowl.Step4 – Stir both until well combined and the red ones color is as even as possible.
Step5 – Hold the jars at an angle while you layer alternate colors of the salts into the jar. Place the lid on the jar before you stand it up straight.
Step6 – Add a label to the top of the jar and a ribbon and you have a great gift. So, take a couple of tablespoons of the leftovers and go relax in the bath
- October 24, 2008 at 5:51 pm #401520JoAnnEpsom Salts, is really good for alot of things. I like these MYO postings that you are postings today. Not sure, where do you purchase glycerin at ?
- October 24, 2008 at 6:03 pm #401524rtebalt
I think you could get it at a craft store like Michaels
- October 24, 2008 at 7:11 pm #401532fosterfamily5
Can you use pepermint extract or do you need to buy essential oil? I have that in my cupboard.
- October 24, 2008 at 7:14 pm #401534JoAnnI have never used it before was wondering—- thanks
- October 24, 2008 at 11:24 pm #401553rtebalt
@fosterfamily5 87627 wrote:
Can you use pepermint extract or do you need to buy essential oil? I have that in my cupboard.I’m not sure, but I don’t think you should. It might really irritate your skin.
- October 24, 2008 at 11:46 pm #401557fosterfamily5
Your probably right. I’ll go get some essential oil. I hadn’t thought of that.
- October 25, 2008 at 7:49 am #401568wilbe95You can also get glycerin at a pharmacy. A little pricey but a little goes a long way.
- October 26, 2008 at 3:16 pm #401636faxonfive
I buy glycerin at the CVS or Walgreens we have here in Charlottesville..I use my ECB from CVS because it is a little expensive, but its worth it !!
- October 26, 2008 at 4:40 pm #401643JoAnn
Wonderful ladies—will check this out, don’t have a craft store near by it’s 40 miles away. 😉
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.