Camping During Football Season- RV/TV HELP

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Camping During Football Season- RV/TV HELP

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ok, I know this isn’t particularly Frugal, but rather than spending a bunch of money vacationing all over the place, our family just goes Camping. Here’s my dilemma, We camp often in the fall and since our little camper is the only one with a tv, all of our friends gather at our camp for “game time”.

it’s pretty much the only time we watch tv while we’re camping, after all, we go to get away.

but, i’m trying to find out what is the least expensive way to watch nfl & college football games while camping (at our own site). does anyone know what type of satellite is the least expensive or a free site that you can stream online to a tv or something to that effect??

any ideas?? what’s the least expensive solution that you know of??

thanks guys… worthy  smilie

Make it a pot luck event – have everyone bring a dish. We’ve had some of the best ones at camp 😀

@drea 541636 wrote:

BUT, I’m trying to find out what is the LEAST expensive way to watch NFL & College Football games while Camping (at our own site). Does anyone know what type of satellite is the LEAST expensive or a Free Site that you can stream online to a tv or Something to that effect??

Any Ideas?? What’s the least expensive solution that you know of??

I’m not overly familiar with the different satellite packages, I’ve seen the Dish Tailgater but the cheapest I’ve ever seen it is $349 and then you still have to pay for Monthly service after that.

I believe DirectTv has their own as well, but you have to purchase the mobile receiver (King Controls, KVH Industries or Winegard) and then pay for their mobile package

Many campgrounds offer free wifi, you MIGHT be able to purchase access to the game through ESPN and stream it, although, once again, I’ve never done that & I’m not quite sure HOW you would do that.

Hopefully some of our other members will be able to speak up with their own experiences. Sorry I wasn’t much help!

@drea 541636 wrote:

Any Ideas?? What’s the least expensive solution that you know of??

have you checked into roku? it’s a little box that you connect to your tv and you can tune into channels that are streamed over your internet connection. of course, you’d have to have a decent internet connection to watch anything on it.

i’m not really sure whether or not you stay at koa style campgrounds or state parks, etc. but it would be worth checking into

I forgot to mention that The Roku will work with either an ethernet cable connection or via a wireless connection.

If you have a laptop and a wireless internet connection you can connect your laptop to a tv, then visit First Row Sports and stream the game to your computer (& display it on your tv)

firstrow | firstrowsports

another one you can use is wiziwig.tv | free live sports streams on your pc. watch live football, mlb, nba, nhl, nfl and more…

i don’t know if you can stream college ball this way or not

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Camping During Football Season- RV/TV HELP