- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated August 29, 2009 at 10:29 pm by .
- August 5, 2009 at 3:37 pm #275013
4 small zucchini, diced
2 tsp kosher salt
2 T bsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 ears corn, kernels sliced off
2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella or feta (optional)
1. Place diced zucchini in a colander set over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt; toss and let stand 20 minutes. (This draws the excess liquid out of the zucchini.)
2. Transfer zucchini to a kitchen towel and pat dry. (This step is optional but worth the time: Drying zucchini prior to sautéing it keeps it from becoming watery, and I think this step removes its occasional bitterness.)
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 to 5 minutes until soft. Do not brown.
4. Add zucchini and corn kernels. Saute 6 to 7 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
5. Add diced tomato; sauté 2 to 3 minutes until softened and zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheese if desired.
Tip: add leftover calibasita to scrambled eggs in the morning for a breakfast burrito. Add a dash of hot sauce, roll it up in a tortilla and hit the road!
- August 29, 2009 at 10:29 pm #424613
OOH! Sounds so good!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.