- This topic has 3 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated April 5, 2013 at 11:03 pm by .
- December 9, 2008 at 2:25 pm #267632
I’m not sure where to put this, but I stumbled onto an online calculator that you can use to halve or double your recipes. I thought it was handy and wanted to share this resource with you! It’s not just 1/2 or double, but also 1 1/2, triple, and has an option for you to input your own conversion factor as well.
This is going to save me a lot of time, because I multiply many recipes and it’s time-consuming to do the math, plus I loathe math.
- December 10, 2008 at 10:53 am #405879
DohDoh, Great find for the online recipe calculator. Sure will make the recipes alot easy to use. I don’t have to really think now.Lolll Book marked this page.Thanks again…
- December 10, 2008 at 1:49 pm #405890
Great link! I saved it for hubby. He also hates math.
- April 3, 2013 at 4:14 pm #438479
Thanks for the great link,
- April 5, 2013 at 11:03 pm #438591
Thank you. I do a lot of doubling due to my large family. I have been known to start a recipe doubling it and then half way through, I double my double.
so if something called for 1 cup of rice, in my mind I need 2 so therefor I add 4. 🙂 I double the double. you be surprised how many recipes don’t turn out well when you do this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.