Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Cajun Pork Chops with Bacon and Onion

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Cajun Pork Chops with Bacon and Onion
      2 slices bacon, chopped
      1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
      2 6-8 oz bone-in-center-cut rib pork chops
      1 tsp Cajun seasoning
      Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tbs of the drippings from skillet. add onion. Cook 5 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle pork with Cajun seasoning. Push onion to sides of skillet. Add pork. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until pork is pale pink in center, turning once. Serve onions over pork. Sprinkle with bacon. 2 servings = about 270 calories.
      this is great with buttered noodles and spinach salad:038:

Sounds really good. Son is the cajun fan in the family. He will love this one.

Participant

I grew up in New Orleans and this is the one of the recipes that us girls had to learn how to make…Daddy loved his pork chops;-) hope your son likes it!

As soon as pork chops goes on sale again I will try this receipe. :>) I know it will delicious. :>)

Participant

don’t forget to check the mark-down bin! it’s the only way I can afford to eat some meats! LOL!

@mos 83566 wrote:

don’t forget to check the mark-down bin! it’s the only way I can afford to eat some meats! LOL!

I`m :mrgreen:with envy. 🙂 Your store has a bargin bin, but mine dosen`t. :-(:089:

When we got our weekly paper today, I noticed the local grocery store has sirloin pork chops on sale this week for $1.99 per pound; so I`ll be buying a couple packs and divide them up to put in the freezer.:grin:

Participant

wow! I can’t believe that your store doesn’t have a mark-down bin. all of the stores around me mark down the meats that haven’t sold by their expiration date. I scoop ’em up and run home to the freezer and thaw at my leisure.

Sometimes when they do markdown a meat it is in the same area but you have to watch it is a sticker added for an additional markdown. It takes watching to see where they put them and when they mark them down. Wal Mart is good about marking theirs down.

@wilbe95 83813 wrote:

Sometimes when they do markdown a meat it is in the same area but you have to watch it is a sticker added for an additional markdown. It takes watching to see where they put them and when they mark them down. Wal Mart is good about marking theirs down.

Thanks Wilbe95 for the info. 🙂 There is a Walmart in another town that is about 25 miles from us. But, because of high gas prices, we don`t go very often. However, when we go again, I will check the meat out. Do you know if they have a bargin bin and where it would be located:?:

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Cajun Pork Chops with Bacon and Onion