- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated July 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm by .
- April 29, 2011 at 12:27 am #293771
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1 Tablespoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup buttermilk (regular milk also works)
* 6 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
* 1 large egg – separated
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
Preheat waffle maker to medium-high.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, sugar salt, baking powder and baking soda.
In a separate medium bowl, stir together the milk, oil, egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
In a third bowl – beat the egg white until peaks form.
Add the wet ingredients and butterscotch chips to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined and moistened. Gently fold in in the beaten egg white. The batter should be a little bit lumpy.
Dollop the batter onto the waffle maker in amount indicated by your waffle maker’s instructions.
Cook until golden brown.
Serve warm with your favorite topping.
- April 29, 2011 at 3:19 am #429920
My son is going to drool when I make these! Thanks
- May 1, 2011 at 6:24 pm #429925
- July 5, 2012 at 10:49 pm #432185
I love to eat waffles and I always buy this in a waffle stand wherein they serve different flavors of waffles. Since, you shared to us how to make this Butterscotch waffle, I better try this at home and for sure my family will love it.
- July 14, 2012 at 4:00 am #432236
Can this be made as pancakes? I’m very wary about buying a waffle maker.
- July 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm #432238
Yum! I will definitely make these. Thank you for the wonderful recipe.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.