mos

Butterscotch Pudding Mix

1-1/2 cups brown sugar
      1/3 cup granulated sugar
      3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
      1 cup cornstarch
      1/2 tsp salt
      2 tsp vanilla powder

Combine all ingredients and store in container with tight-fitting lid.

Makes 3 cups mix, yielding 24 servings of prepared pudding.

To Prepare:

Stir mix well. For two servings, combine 1/4 cup Butterscotch Pudding Mix, 2 tbs butter, and 1 cup milk in a small saucepan.

Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently, stirring constantly, for one minute. Pour into serving dishes and chill until thickened.
      meatballs smilie

Photo Added by Mods
      © Can Stock Photo Inc. / mylitleye

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      shadust1

Has anyone made this…im confused on how it is butterscotch..what ingred. would make it taste like butterscotch…TIA!!!

FreebieQueen

@shadust1 502245 wrote:

Has anyone made this…im confused on how it is butterscotch..what ingred. would make it taste like butterscotch…TIA!!!

The brown sugar, vanilla, butter & cream (milk) are what give it the “Butterscotch” flavor you’re seeking.

Butterscotch is a type of confectionery whose primary ingredients are brown sugar and butter, although other ingredients such as corn syrup, cream, vanilla, and salt are part of some recipes

mos

shadust1…I only post tried and true (TNT) recipes, so you can take them as I post them.
      FreebieQueen…thanks for the explanation to our poster!

shadust1

mos..sorry if u thought i was coming across like the recipe wasnt tnt…..i really like butterscotch and i just couldnt figure out how those ingred would taste like butterscotch..but thanks soo much freebiequeen for the explanation…now i know and im going to go home and make some…love this site!!! thanks for adding me!!! 🙂

mos

shadust1…don’t worry, I didn’t take offense! lol! i was just trying to let you know that anything that i post is tnt.

if the recipe that i develop doesn’t work…i don’t post itgiggle smiley fyi, i may work on a recipe quite a bit until i get it just right. when i think that it’s right…it gets posted!

if i can’t get it right, well, i may just toss it! lol! sometimes what i think is a good idea just isn’t good enough;-d
      and a big shout out to freebiequeen for getting the word out to you before i could!

lol!

shadust1

Thanks for all you do!!!

kaycek

What benefit does the salt play in the recipe? I don’t ever use salt in anything I cook, I don’t taste a difference in recipes with or without salt. I sure would appreciate knowing.

I also never use vanilla in my recipes, does this make some sort of difference?

mos

Salt actually reduces the cooking time in some recipes. It also draws the fluid from ingredients — or prevents fluids from entering ingredients. So depending on what I am preparing, I may or may not salt.

In this recipe it is to prevent fluids from leaving or evaporating and to reduce the ‘real’ cooking time;-D

theduffers

Can’t wait to try this! It has been ages since I’ve had butterscotch pudding. I’ll make up some jars as gifts,too.

mos

Great idea! Share the goodness of Butterscotch! LOL!

Saundralee

This looks good-where do you get powdered vanilla?

FreebieQueen

@Saundralee 538801 wrote:

This looks good-where do you get powdered vanilla?

Here’s an entire thread on that very subject. You can either myo or purchase it..

https://www.budget101.com/equivalents-substitutions/142338-powdered-vanilla.html

paherblady

The brown sugar gives it the color and taste of butterscotch.

mos

Thanks FreebieQueen for jumping in for megiggle smiley

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.