Budgeting Question- What do you do to keep summer costs low?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budgeting Question- What do you do to keep summer costs low?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Well, this is my first Summer outfitting a child. Last Summer, he was brand new, so I had lots of things from the showers and all. I got him a huge lot of clothes from eBay that should get him through the warm weather. I am still looking for a pair of sandals. Some of the kids shoes are so expensive!!!!! I am going to head off to Payless soon and look there. Since he is growing, I don’t know what size shoe he will be wearing at the time, so buying ahead will be tough. Also, when people me what he needs, I tell them “clothes for the summer, in this size.” His birthday is coming up, so that is also helpful. Clearance racks are good. I got some great t-shirts for him marked down 60%-70% a few weeks ago. Thrift stores are good too. If you can get there before everything is picked over. For vacation – we
      are not really going anywhere “big” this year. We are going to renew our zoo membership, since we love to go there as a family and here, when you join one, you get discounts at others around the state. Even if we take off for the weekend and go several hours away, it doesn’t cost much. We can get one hotel room for all of us. Advantage of having a baby. 🙂 At the zoo, we pack lunches and snacks, fill up the cooler and head off. Our zoo lets you bring in your food if you want. We always do that. Treat ourselves to an ice cream cone while there. Everything else we bring in with us. We bought a cooler that is on wheels a few years back and it is great. Herlean

herberkids3 wrote: Summer is coming up. With summer come more bills-
      children are out of
      school, the weather is warm, vacations are more prevelant, you need new
      clothes, the kids need new clothes, sandals have been worn out, etc,
      etc…

So, how do you help keep your costs low during Summer?

Ahhh…imagining that irresistible “new car” smell?
      Check out
      [url=””][/url]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budgeting Question- What do you do to keep summer costs low?