Budgeting question, how to live on one paycheck a month

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budgeting question, how to live on one paycheck a month

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

In a message dated 10/21/2007 12:09:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lisa-di-anton@verizon.net writes:
      My question really is about living on a once a month payday and
      > budgeting bills.

Sorry I didn’t see this one before… Iget paid once a month also…. the second wednesday of the month…which means some months it is 28 days between pay days and others are 35 days…

oy vay that 35 day one is a killer!!!

How to survive? I pay all the bills first…. that way I know the house, electric, etc are all out of the way…now I have to survive on the rest….

I make menus for the month and make sure that I buy or have on hand everything needed for the menu so I don’t have to be running to the store.. I have an envelope that I stash for 25 per week for fresh stuff from the store (ie milk, fruits,etc) I only take out 25 when I go to the store..that is all I can spend..

I put the amount I need for gas for the month in another envelope and each week I fill the car up and only take out what I need to do that for the week

I put 200 in savings and pray like crazy I don’t have to tap it at the end of the month or that an emergency comes up..

good luck!
      alana

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budgeting question, how to live on one paycheck a month