Stuff I’d Like to See General Budgeting For One

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I just moved into my first apartment. I’m having trouble creating a budget for groceries. It is just me in my 1 bedroom apartment.

How much money should I devote to food each week or per month just on groceries for myself? I thought about $150.00 for the month but that would only leave me with $37.50 for each week. I feel like as many fresh fruits and veggies that I eat, that is pushing it a bit…

I am going to start switching to more frozen fruits and veggies but does anyone think that budget is appropriate for one person or should I up my budget to $200 for each month?

I’m confused and overwhelmed!

Thanks!!! Smile, its spring!

Hi look on the budget menu and dirt cheap recipes board.I don’t eat many fresh fruits and vegetables.What else do you like to eat? I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed,with this new chapter in your life.Welcone to budget 101

@kiki1012 530776 wrote:

I just moved into my first apartment. I’m having trouble creating a budget for groceries. It is just me in my 1 bedroom apartment.

How much money should I devote to food each week or per month just on groceries for myself? I thought about $150.00 for the month but that would only leave me with $37.50 for each week. I feel like as many fresh fruits and veggies that I eat, that is pushing it a bit…

I am going to start switching to more frozen fruits and veggies but does anyone think that budget is appropriate for one person or should I up my budget to $200 for each month?

I’m confused and overwhelmed!

Thanks!!! Smile, its spring!

Hello! I just wanted to share some tips with you regarding meat-because it’s so expensive, I wait til roasts and other large cuts of meat are on sale, buy the biggest piece I can, take it home and cut it up into steaks, stew meat, etc. If you have access to a farm, you can buy in bulk and order it in different cuts, quantities and portions.

Making casseroles, salads, soups, and other mixed meals will save $, as well as having one or a few meatless meals a week. Cheapest prices are on hamburger, pork ribs, chicken. If you have coupons, they are now selling many frozen meals in single-servings as well.

Good luck, and don’t be overwhelmed-it gets easier and more natural the more you practice it!:)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General Budgeting For One