- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated July 27, 2003 at 12:51 pm by .
- July 27, 2003 at 12:51 pm #249893
Missed this one the first time.
Huh? Storage is where storage is. I store things, under the bed, in the
closet, in the bathroom, in the linen closet, in the pantry, under the couch,
under the entertainment center, under the end table by the couch… If it’s a
great buy it’s better to store something in an unconventional space then to run
out in an unappropriate time.
* You can make end tables from 5 gallon buckets and a board, put a blanket or
table cloth over them and NO one will know.
* Store extra canned goods under your bed in those rubbermaid under the bed
containers (the wheeled ones work the best).
* Look at the storage above your clothes in the closet, you can store stuff
there too. Above the kids clothes in their room closets and under their beds
too. Hey, if there are containers of food under there, then there is less room
for the dirty socks to hide!
* Store non-perisables in the garage, temperature fluctuations aren’t good for
canned goods, or other liquids, but they won’t hurt things like TP, napkins,
blankets, pillows, paper plates, other paper goods and the like.
* You know those empty luggage pieces you use once per year then store the rest
of the time? Fill them up! That is a great place for storage of bulk items.
* The bottom of closets under long clothes is another place for bulk storage, we
like to put our shoes where we can see them under the shorter clothes anyway.
* Gotta file cabinet and you don’t like to bend over to use the bottom drawer
for files? Fill it with canned goods.
* Here’s a great idea. If you are a bookaphile, like me, and you have a ton of
paperback books try this one. The paperbacks rarely will go all the way back
and still be readable on the bookshelf. Line the back of the bookshelf 1 line
deep with canned goods. Then place all your books in front of the cans! The
cans will prevent the books from being pushed back and the books will hide your
* Gotta computer desk? Do you actually use all that space under it for your
feet?!? Stick a box of stuff under that too.
* Whats in the trunk of your car? I once used the back of my Ford Explorer to
store 80 lbs of cat litter until I could clean out a corner of the garage for
* Behind the couch.
* Have a spare bedroom? Use 1/2 the closet in there, get one of those closet
organizers and use up most of the closet. When we use a spare bedroom for
guests, it isn’t like they are moving in and they use the entire closet anyway.
* Spare room in your chest of drawers in the bedroom. If you have any, you can
put in stuff right along with your panties and stuff.
There you have it, Emily’s collected list of where to put things. LOL!!! And
yes, I have things in most of these places. 🙂
> c.. Do I have room for this? There’s nothing worse than having to store
your 24-roll pack of toilet paper in the living room because there’s no room
under the bathroom sink.
> taken in part from Ivillage
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.