Budget101.com divorce advice?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budget101.com divorce advice?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My aquired daughter left her husband, they have a 5 yr old son.
      He was ameniable and agreeable about doing things yesterday but flipped back last night after speaking to his mother. He is threatening criminal abandonment charges, North Carolina states that it’s a no fault divorce state but yet his lawyer tried in 4 counties to get the judges to sign over custody of their son without the wife even being present as they are in California. 4 judges refused! It seems that no lawyer can help her because she hasn’t lived in California long enough yet!???? Her husband has been verbally and mentally abusive to her as have his family, in particular his mother. He tells her that she’s going to give their son to husbands mother and this before divorce ever was spoke of. Once. the in laws came to visit gchild and whileBIL was in the house distracting the mom the mil was taking gson out to the car and they were blocking mom in the house, in other words they were trying to steal gson! Without mothers consent and she’d told them no you cannot take him over 30 times, my other daughter was a witness to this. They all tell her she’s a bad mother etc and that they are going to take gson. Now husband is threatening again to come and take son and press criminal charges against wife and there are no criminal actions. Oh not to mention that they’ve got several bank accounts that have 40 grand each in them….did he put her name on them? no….did he dispose of them so she cannot have a claim to them……yes,,,,more than likely hidden in mommy dearest’s name somewhere…..wife left husband entire contents of home, both vehicles, all bank accounts and income taxes. His lawyer says she took money and so she wont’ get child support for 40 months. They have a lot of nice expensive things in their home. He’s told her all these years that she’s fat and things would be ok if she goes to the gym and loses weight….she has a thyroid condition and he started on her about being 10lbs overweight right out of the hospital after their son was born and even after she said she wanted a divorce he begged her to come back and said you could go to the gym and lose weight and bla bla still thinking of himself and his way, his conditions, his terms. She does not want this marriage but said tho he’s been a shitty abusive husband to me he’s been a good father to their son and she is willing to let him see their son anytime he has time off from the military and it doesn’t interfear with sons schooling. He is threatening her to take their child away and I dont’ think he has grounds to stand on but she is so afraid and distrought about losing her son.
      Does anyone know what we can do legally to get them to stop threatening to press unfounded charges and get a restraining order against him and his family for now until they decide to be human….it’s highly likely that they’d steal the son. Last time I checked it wasn’t a crime to leave your husband or your home…criminal abandonment…..? what the is that! There has got to be something she can do either with lawyer here in California or a lawyer in North Carolina without having to travel back and forth on money she does not have. I’m worried at this point that they’d remove him from school and kidnap him….there must be something we can do to protect against that????? any idea for help?
      Oh and don’t bother saying to ask the military because they do not do jac k squat to help a wife even when criminal charges are pressed against one fo their military men and you wonder why north carolina has the highest abuse rate and murdered women…………. I know this first hand because my son in law molested my grandson and the miltary has not done shit about it! I think maybe the press needs to be brought in or something.

HELP…….

Elizabeth Farnsworth
      Boost Your Immune System Naturally

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budget101.com divorce advice?