Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

When dh & I married in 1994 we spent less than $200 for a full church wedding.I have heard the average wedding now is priced at over $65,000 and Iam in shock.How much did you all spend on your weddings?

this is our breakdown –
      church – free – my husband was a pastor and we used his church to marry in

minister -???

– my husband’s brother, who is also a minister.

my husband paid him.

flowers – free – dh knew everyone in the small town where he lived and preached and these were donated by the florist.

music – $25 for the organist

cake and mints- donated by church member who was a professional baker

punch and other snacks – donated by congregation

limo – donated by friend of dh’s

wedding dress – $20 – 1940’s satin and lace with long train – purchased from friend who had bought it for his vintage clothing business, but then realized it would not work for him.

He said he would give it to me and I told him I would pay him what he paid for it.

veil – $68 – my mother paid this. I did not want one but she said I needed one.

wedding shoes – $20. I was going to wear sneakers, but my mom said, “no way!”

and paid for these. i still wear them as they are very comfortable.

rehearsal dinner – $100 for 32 people. Held at the only restaurant in town, family style ham and fried chicken and all the trimmings.

We were given a special price as the owner knew dh.

i had saved $2500 in the 6 months before we were married and part of that paid for a honeymoon to Key West.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.