Budget Wedding HELP!!!! please

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budget Wedding HELP!!!! please

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My wedding dress cost $13. I shopped until I found a fitting white one. We had just family and friends at the dinner… we owed nothing afterwards to anyone. We had a reception and dance. It cost us less than $100.

My friend got married a few months before me. Her dress cost hundreds, her wedding was huge costing thousands.

We are both married today, the weddings long forgotten…my motto? It is one day, and it is over. You are married with a lot of money or a little. dash

Original Message
      To: budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:41 AM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Re: Budget Wedding HELP!!!! please

I loved your post! My husband andI had a very small at home wedding..I wore my white HS graduation dress and he had a new blue suit. my mom ordered a small wedding cake and only relatives and best friends were invited. The next 2 years were spent in college and working and 2 1/2 years later we had our first daughter. IfI mention my age all of you young kids [under 40] will think ‘gee, she’s old, what does she know?”

Well I may be old but I know enough to have raised 4 great kids and helped raise 2 wonderful grandkids, owe no one any money and still have the same man I started out with so I must know SOMETHING!!!

Believe me folks, it’s not the WEDDING that should be the big deal…it’s the MARRIAGE!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Budget Wedding HELP!!!! please