Budget Mexican Night

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans Budget Mexican Night

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jane

Mexican night:

Spanish Rice:
      Make only about 6-8 servings of steamed rice (the other ingredients bulk it up), add a large can of Rotel tomatoes, and 1 can red (not kidney) or black beans. Don’t stir too much or the rice will get starchy. If that happens, add some water or chicken broth. Add some fresh cilantro at the end before serving. I love Cilantro!

Warm 2 cans fat free refried beans in a saucepan on med-low heat. Slowly add water to it, about 1 can, and add fresh minced garlic or garlic POWDER and onion powder if you like. (I like Gebhardt brand).

Brown some lean meat and add reduced sodium Taco seasoning.

Make fresh salsa or use jarred. I usually use only fresh ingredients, but here’s a recipe that can be done in a flash.

Salsa
      2 (14.5) cans diced mexican tomatoes w/hot peppers already in it (drained)
      1/2 finely chopped onion
      1 tsp or so minced garlic
      juice of 1/2 lime to start, may need whole
      1/2 tsp salt
      2-3 TBSP cilantro
      pulse for only a few seconds and adjust any seasoning to taste

Heat up tortillas either in microwave or in a skillet, making sure not to crisp them too much or you can’t roll them and of course, add any condiments such as chopped onion, tomato, lettuce, and sour cream.

Wrinkleyold

I sure appreciate all the help with these menus. Thanks, with this I can make my family a nice meal!

Working_Mommy83

Thanks for sharing! This sounds delicious!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans Budget Mexican Night