1/2 cup sugar
      5 tbs + 1 tsp cocoa powder
      1/4 cup all-purpose flour
      1/8 tsp salt
      1/8 tsp. baking powder
      1/4 cup butter
      1 egg
      1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 6 x 6 inch baking dish/pan or a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan.
      In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
      Melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat, cool, then whisk in egg and vanilla.
      Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture. Scrape into baking dish.
      Bake 25 minutes. Cool on a baking rack.
      momkids smilie

Thank you, sounds yummy !

Participant

Let me know if it works for you!

Participant

Thank you for this recipe. Being single and trying to lose weight with a MAJOR sweet tooth this will allow me to enjoy brownies without eating a big pan of them by myself!

Participant

Been there, done that, so I totally appreciate your position. If I’m out of time, I rely on Hershey’s miniatures — one before bed and I’m okay.

Participant

I have limited will power. I envy you being able to only eat one Hershey’s miniature. I would eat the entire bag if they were in my house and would justify it that once they were gone I wouldn’t be tempted anymore.

Participant

LOL! Believe me, I can appreciate! My trick is to empty the bag into a candy jar with a tight lid…I take a piece out, replace the lid, and it is such a battle to pull the lid off, that I pass on having another;-D My weakness is potato chips. My dog knows the sound of the bag opening and comes over to catch crumbsgiggle smileyhis presence is my deterrent to not have more than a pinch!

My daughter loves brownies. She will be in college next year, out of state. This small recipe will be included in a book I’m starting to compile for her. Thanks

Participant

What a wonderful idea, AnnieT! If your DD is willing to do a bit of cooking, there are a gazillion recipes for one (especially breakfast) or two! Please do some research and share with you DD;-D AND please turn her on to this website! giggle smiley

@AnnieT 599243 wrote:

My daughter loves brownies. She will be in college next year, out of state. This small recipe will be included in a book I’m starting to compile for her. Thanks

You might enjoy the mug mixes category for that as well. When our oldest left for college this year I put together several care packages for different times of the year (mid-terms, halloween, etc). Here are the mug mixes: https://www.budget101.com/category/recipes/mix-recipes/mug-cup-mixes/

Participant

Oh! What a great idea! That takes the idea of ‘care’ packages for friends and loved ones to a whole new level! Bravo!!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.