brown bag vs. school lunches

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List brown bag vs. school lunches

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      I generally give it to him in $5 amounts. His allowance decreases by $3 increments for each day he doesn’t go to school. Like if they have a teacher workday on Friday or Monday, then he only gets $12 that week.

For the summer I give him $5 a week – if he keeps his room clean.

Someone mentioned if they forgot their $$ or lunch… the school lunchroom will provide a lunch for your child at a reduced cost if they forget. Then they *do* have to pay them back.

The lunch is usually something like a PB&J sandwich or something like that.

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lois
      Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:42 PM
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re: Allowances for kids & lunch money

I like that idea!
      With both of my kids going to be in Jr High next year – it will cost me $4 a day if they want to buy their lunch. Usually what happens is that at the beginning of the year, they will bring it – but by the 4th quarter, they are tired of it and want to buy it – at least on certain days.

How do you keep your son from carrying all that money at one time? My problem is my son will walk around with $50 in his wallet (gift money and such) and I worry about him losing it or having it taken. He tells me to not worry (My son is also 12)

Lois

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List brown bag vs. school lunches