Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Brookies- when brownies and cookies collide

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

These can be made entirely from scratch, or you can totally cheat and use a brownie mix and a cookie mix (or even packaged cookie dough)

You’ll Need:

1 recipe Brownie Mix
      1 Recipe chocolate chip cookie dough

Preheat oven to 350F

In separate bowls, prepare the brownie and cookie dough according to the package instructions. I’ve put recipes for both below, because I prefer to cook from scratch.

Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, add 1 scoop of brownie batter to the bottom of each tin and top with 1 scoop of the cookie dough.

Bake for 15-18 minutes

For the Ultimate Brownies- use this recipe here:

You’ll Need:

1/4 cup butter
      6 oz semi sweet choc chips
      3/4 cup sugar
      2/3 cup flour
      1/4 tsp baking powder
      1/4 tsp salt
      1/2 tsp vanilla
      2 eggs

Additional nuts and choc chips if you like

In a medium pot, melt butter and choc chips together on low. Stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Stir in everything else till smooth, use as directed above.

For the Best Chocolate Chip Recipe Dough-
      You’ll Need:
      1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
      3/4 cup Brown Sugar
      1/4 cup White Sugar
      1 small pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
      2 eggs
      1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
      2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
      1 teaspoon Baking Soda
      1 pkg ( 12 oz) Milk Chocolate Chips

In a medium size bowl beat the butter, both sugars, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla together until creamy and fluffy. Add the flour and baking soda, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips and up to 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts if desired.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keymaster

These sound wonderful! Thank you for sharing them Diane. I think I’ll make a batch of them for our upcoming superbowl party next week, but will use mini-muffin tins instead to make them truly bite sized. I think a cookie dough scoop will be the perfect size for the brownie batter and a melonballer will work for the perfect amount of cookie dough. I can’t wait to make & try them!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Brookies- when brownies and cookies collide