- December 15, 2008 at 11:59 am #267807
2 (10 oz) pkgs chopped broccoli, cooked & drained
1 c. uncooked Minute Rice
1 sm. onion chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Pour into a greased casserole dish and bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- December 15, 2008 at 10:09 pm #406261
What if you regulr rice? I don’t buy minute rice.
- December 16, 2008 at 8:26 am #406275Quote:what if you regulr rice? i don’t buy minute rice.
suey, you can either cook your rice first so it is almost to a texture you like or you can add additional liquid as needed and will have to cook longer in the ove. normally when i make this i will pre cook everything separately, then throw it all in the casserole dish (in a frozen state) and cook in the oven.
it is one of those recipes that works for a night that is busy and do not have time to prepare the food. if you do it ahead and freeze it is easy to pull out and toss in the oven.
- December 16, 2008 at 12:53 pm #406286
Thanks kim. I have pre-cooked rice for this recipe before.
- December 17, 2008 at 6:23 pm #406350
Oh my gosh that sounds so yummy I’m trying that tonight!
Do you think I could add some left over cut up chicken breast?
- December 18, 2008 at 10:19 am #406387
Jsquared…you sure can add chicken. I’ve also used left-over turkey 🙂
- December 19, 2008 at 10:03 am #406456
Oh yum… I am definetly making this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.