- February 23, 2009 at 6:09 am #270883
Make rice using one part water and one part milk.
You’ll want to have an extra cup of liquid.
(1 cup rice to 3 cups liquid ~ 1 & 1/2 cups water and 1 & 1/2 cups milk)
I like to add a little vanilla (about a tsp), in with the milk/water.
To make it creamier whisk in about a TBSP. vanilla pudding to the milk/water.
Cook as usual.
Serve with milk and sugar. Warm and very filling.
- February 23, 2009 at 3:19 pm #415776
This sounds so good. I think it may be time for breakfast!!! Thanks for the recipe.
I made the No-Knead 2 Ingred. Bread the other day. Cinnamon toast from this bread & the rice – hmmmm – sounds tasty.
- February 23, 2009 at 4:28 pm #415779
JoAnn, this sounds wonderful. It reminds me of breakfasts at my grandmothers. Thanks:)
- February 23, 2009 at 9:30 pm #415800
Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon. Yummy
- February 24, 2009 at 1:26 am #415816
I grew up eating this one, sometimes as a treat we would add raisins . It’s an old time favorite.
- February 24, 2009 at 1:14 pm #415858
This sounds really yummy JoAnn, thanks my friend
- April 15, 2009 at 12:50 am #419475
Short-grain brown rice is soooo good in this recipe IMO. 🙂
- April 15, 2009 at 3:20 pm #419507
This is how my DH eats his rice all the time. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I have to make separate rice if I make it for anything other than breakfast, the rest of the family won’t eat it that way except at breakfast.
- April 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm #419522
Do you eat it like oatmeal? or could it be searved instead of hashbrowns?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.