- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated December 4, 2014 at 12:11 am by .
- November 4, 2013 at 12:15 am #324499
Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
9 large eggs
12 slices bread, crusts removed, cut into cubes
1 1/2 lb sausage
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3 cups milk
Brown sausage. Drain on paper towels and let cool.
Beat eggs with milk. Add salt, pepper, and mustard.
Stir in bread cubes. Add cheese and browned sausage. Pour mixture into a lightly buttered 9x13x2-inch glass baking dish.
Refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, or until set. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve with sweet rolls or muffins and hot fruit.
Breakfast casserole recipe serves 6.
- December 2, 2014 at 7:11 am #459657
This sound good. I raise chickens and sell the eggs but I use the smaller eggs for us and this would be a good dish for my family. Thank you for posting
- December 2, 2014 at 5:25 pm #459662
It’s really good and easy to make. A nice change of pace for your family breakfast!
- December 2, 2014 at 7:01 pm #459669
Going to try it this weekend but I know this would be delicious. Thank you for sharing!!
- December 4, 2014 at 12:11 am #459683
I’ve been asked to do the ‘cooking’ for our Christmas brunch at work and this is one that I’ll be preparing. Why? It’s easy to throw together and a ‘meal’ that I know will be enjoyed!
Please let us know how your family enjoyed it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.