Bread Pudding Surprise (Main Dish)

Free Stuff ~Coupons Galore ~ Hot Deals Freebies Bread Pudding Surprise (Main Dish)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      JoAnn

Bread Pudding Surprise(Main Dish)

This wonderful meal is savory. Look in the fridge and see what kind of leftovers you have. The spice cabinet is a favorite of this dish as well.

Don’t be afraid, have fun with this one, you can’t go wrong. You and your family will be pleasantly surprised!

Ingredients
      8 eggs
      4 C. Half & Half or buttermilk (any milk will do, however the more cream the richer the taste and texture)
      1 loaf crust hard bread (French is best)

I cut my veggies into small pieces

1 C. any veggie (bell pepper)
      1 1/2 C. any leftover meat (sausage, ham, steak)
      1/4 C.

onion (cooked)
      1 Tbs. garlic (cooked)
      2 Tbs. olive oil or butter
      salt and pepper to taste
      Any favorite spice: this is where you can make it Mexican, Italian, etc.

Crust:
      Break up any of your favorite crackers
      1/4 C. cheese (pick your favorite I like American or Cheddar)

Directions:

In a big bowl, whisk together eggs and Half & Half. Cut bread in 1-inch cubes and put bread into mix. Let soak for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, heat olive oil or butter. Cook onion and garlic and other veggies until just tender. This should only take a few minutes.

It also brings out wonderful flavors. Stir in meat, veggies. Add favorite spices to taste.

Put in casserole dish. Can put in fridge for a day ahead of time or add crust (crackers and cheese mix). Put in 400 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.

Serving Size 8
      Cooking Time:45 minutes

faxonfive

This really sounds scrumptious!!!

JoAnn

I’ve also put corn bread on top, now that way is soo good too.

faxonfive

Yum, how about those dried onions??

JoAnn

Dried onions will work just fine. Have fun w/ this recipe I never make it the same way twice. And it always turns out so good.

This recipe really is good w/ leftover meatloaf too. So many ways to make this recipe —

faxonfive

I have printed this and I just called my hubby to see if he would cook tonight….thanks this is a great idea for dinner!!!

Thanks!!!

JoAnn

Do hope the family likes this one.. Do let me know.

faxonfive

I will let you know….I look forward to dinner tonight!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Stuff ~Coupons Galore ~ Hot Deals Freebies Bread Pudding Surprise (Main Dish)