- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 31, 2012 at 9:12 pm by .
- August 31, 2012 at 9:12 pm #309047MrsPaws
1 tbsp butter
1-2 banana peppers or peperoncinis
2 garlic cloves-minced/grated
1 tbsp AP flour
3/4 cup whole milk-(I used 2%)
1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream-(I used half and half)
1/2 tsp salt
coarse ground black pepper-to taste
1 1/4 cups spaghetti sauce-homemade or commercial-(I used chunky veggies and mushrooms)
1 (16 oz) pkg bow tie pasta
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
1. In a non stick 12 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, and garlic, cook until veggies are tender; stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook one minute. Stir in milk, cream, s and p. Heat to boiling over medium high heat. Stir in spaghetti sauce and cook over medium heat 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
2. Cook pasta according to label directions, pulling up a couple minutes early.
3. Drain pasta well. Return pasta to hot sauce pot. Add sauce, parmesan, and basil; toss well to coat pasta.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.