- This topic is empty.
- March 11, 2020 at 2:58 pm #583710
I really love camping, and this is one of our favorite recipes to throw together while we’re in the wilderness.
Bourbon Campfire Apple Crisp
2-3 apples, sliced ¼” thin
1 tablespoon oil or butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons bourbon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup granola
- In an 8″ or 10” cast iron skillet, over medium heat, saute the sliced apples in a bit of oil or butter until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, bourbon, and sugar, stirring until the apples are coated.
- Continue cooking until the sauce thickens and the apples are quite tender, usually about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the granola evenly across the top.
- If you have the ability to put ice cream on top, I recommend it, but a little dab of whipped cream is nice too.
Here’s a more family friendly version that doesn’t require liquor.
Campfire Apple Crisp in Foil Boat
3 apples, peeled & sliced
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tbs sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 Tbs oatmeal
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Make a foil boat.
- Combine the cinnamon sugar and apples and pour into the foil boat, cover the apples with the flour and oat mixture.
- Cover the apple crisp tightly with foil and cook over coals in a campfire. (Don’t put directly over flames.) Cook until hot and bubbly and the apples are soft.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- March 24, 2020 at 7:49 am #584032
Oh yum! This will be a good addition to event!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.