- February 28, 2009 at 5:55 pm #271148mosParticipant
BON BON COOKIES
1/2 cup real butter, softened
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
1 tablespoon vanilla( 3 tsp)
food coloring, if desired
1&1/2 cups sifted flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
Fillings: cookie dough centers (to some of the cookie dough add raisins, chopped dates, candied fruits, chocolate pieces or chopped nuts. Mold 1 teaspoon into a tiny balls) other fillings… include cherries, dates, nuts, chocolate pieces or candies.
Heat oven to 350°. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and food coloring (if using). Blend in flour and salt thoroughly with hand.
1. Wrap 1 level tablespoon of dough around a filling and place 1 inch apart on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, until set but not brown.
2. Dip tops of warm cookies in icing made of 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla, and food coloring of choice (for chocolate add 1 square of unsweetened chocolate or 1 oz melted, and use 1/4 cup of cream.)
3. Top each cookie with coconut, nuts, colored sugar, chocolate pieces or any other colorful topping you choose. Makes 20-25 cookies
These bon bon cookies will keep a week or so in a cool place or indefinitely in a freezer.
For the prettiest colors make the dough with half butter and half shortening.
When using cookie dough for filling, it will be easier if you make the little centers, then refrigerate them on a baking sheet, for and hour, before covering with the outer dough.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.