- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated February 28, 2006 at 11:23 pm by .
- February 28, 2006 at 11:23 pm #236283mos
blueberry buttermilk coffeecake
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
3/4 cup honey (or maple syrup works if you’re out of honey)
1 egg plus 3 egg whites (or enough egg substitute to equal two eggs)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup applesauce
3/4 buttermilk (or soymilk)
1/2 cup mashed banana
1 tbs chopped walnuts
1/3 brown sugar
1. preheat oven to 350?. lightly oil a 13 X 9″ baking dish or spray with vegetable spray.
in a large bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. fold in blueberries.
3. in another bowl, whisk together honey or maple syrup, egg and egg whites (or substitute), oil, applesauce, buttermilk (or soymilk), and banana.
4.combine contents of both bowls, mix briefly and pour into baking dish. smooth top of batter with spatula. sprinkle with walnuts and brown sugar.
BAKE 40 TO 50 min, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. let cool, then cut into serving pieces. makes 12 SERVINGS = 245 CALORIES
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.