- February 24, 2009 at 2:45 am #270974
1 stick (1⁄2 cup) butter, cut up
1⁄2 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
13 fun-size Snickers or other snack-size candy bars
Garnish: cut-up Snickers candy bars and chopped peanuts
1. Coat a 9-in. glass pie plate with nonstick spray. Melt butter and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
2. Stir in 1 egg and the vanilla until blended, then stir in flour and baking powder until smooth. Scrape (don’t spread) 3⁄4 cup into prepared pie plate; freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
3. Meanwhile heat oven to 350°F and melt 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips as package directs. Stir melted chips, remaining egg and cocoa powder into remaining batter.
4. Press chilled batter evenly over bottom and halfway up sides of pie plate. Top with Snickers, then chocolate batter.
5. Bake 24 to 27 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Sprinkle remaining 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips in middle, let stand 5 minutes until soft, then spread to blondie crust in decorative swirls. Top with garnishes. Cool before cutting in wedges.
Planning Tip: Refrigerate covered up to 3 days.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.