This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mos June 29, 2018 at 12:23 am.

• Author

This will also work with any berries you have or like 🙂
    Makes 1 pound of butter

1 pound salted butter, softened
    1/8 cup of honey
    1/2 cup blackberries

~ Whip together butter and honey until fluffy.
    ~ Add in berries and mix in short bursts until desired look is achieved. I did not want mine
    to be completely emulsified, so I “broke” up the berries slightly with just a few turns of
    the paddle attachment.
    ~ If storing in jars, scoop into jar and wipe mouth clean. Cap and refrigerate.
    ~ If storing in logs, place a piece of plastic wrap over a piece of aluminum foil the same size.
    ~ Scoop out butter along length of wrap/foil, folding wrap over butter and rolling into
    consistent-sized cylinder.

Roll up foil around log and twist ends. Refrigerate or freeze.
    Store in air tight container for up to 3 weeks in the fridge or 4 months in the freezer

several years I ago I saved this recipe from thelazydaisykitchen, I make it every year, it’s delicious.

Attachments:

mos
    Participant

Oh My! This sounds fabulous! Blackberries are my favorite berries, but am willing to try other berries based on your suggestion.

This is such a great recipe for fresh berries of any sort;-D I kinda wonder if it would work for other fruits like peaches/nectarines/plums and our ‘exotic’ fruits like guava or pineapple. …Giggle…I’m willing to experiment, are you? We can compare successes and failures!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register