- January 9, 2009 at 4:20 pm #269124
Black Bean and Corn Chicken Chili
Toasting chili powder, cumin and garlic powder intensifies their flavor, making this chili a rich, hearty meal in a bowl.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
4 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
2 teaspoons McCormick® Cumin, Ground
1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) great Northern beans, undrained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Heat small nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and garlic; toast 30 seconds or until aromatic, stirring constantly. Add to chicken mixture.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: per serving Calories: 218 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Cholesterol: 37 mg Sodium: 609 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 20 g
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.