Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Bite-Size Salted Caramel Cheesecakes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Gotcha Ya! This was just a test to see how many folks would view and/or respond! LOL!

This recpe will actually serve 24, but I can eat all of them within a day or two (could be the reason that I’m carrying a few poundsgiggle smiley)
      Bite-Size Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
      1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
      1 tbs brown sugar
      3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
      2 tbs butter, melted
      1-1/2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
      1/2 cup granulated sugar
      1 egg
      12 Caramels
      1 tbs milk
      Heat oven to 325°F.
      Mix graham crumbs, brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and butter. Press onto bottoms of 24 paper-lined mini muffin cups.
      Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended.

Add egg. Beat just until blended. Spoon into muffin cups, adding about 1 tbs to each.
      Bake 15 min or until centers of cheesecakes are almost set.

Cool completely. Refrigerate 1 hour.
      Place caramels in small heatproof bowl. Add milk and 1/4 tsp of the remaining salt.

Place over pan of boiling water, making sure boiling water does not touch bottom of bowl. Cook until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
      Drizzle about 1 tsp caramel sauce over each cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining salt.

Refrigerate 1 hour.
      PIG 4 smilie

I can’t make these…..in my house this would serve one….me! As wonderful as these sound, I will not be making them. ��

Participant

ariddle…I so understand! The title alone makes me salivate! lol!

i thought it would be fun to see just how many people would peek at the recipe. fyi…i do make these and freeze them. when i have a craving, i can grab one out of the baggie, let it sit for a few minutes to defrost and then pop it into my mouth.

if i freeze them after they set in the fridge, i can be disciplined and only pop one every couple of weeks. maybe i should double the recipe and then i can pop a couple a month! lol!

thanks for appreciating my humor;-d

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Bite-Size Salted Caramel Cheesecakes