Stuff I’d Like to See General bigamist?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I dont know i need help! i was married october 5, 1985. we seperated in jan.

1987. in trying to find him, i found members of my wedding party. i was told that our marriage was never leagle!

he was married twice before me and not divorced from the first. in my search i’ve found that he’s marrying #5. or already has! i contacted the court and sherrif’s office and no one knows what to do!!!

we were married in pasadena texas. i now live in new hampshire and found he lives in utah. anyone know what i should do or who to contact?

i’m now wondering about my last name! it has been his all these years!

Avatar for cyndisctrrFreebieQueen

@cyndisctrr 105354 wrote:

we were married in pasadena texas. i now live in new hampshire and found he lives in utah. anyone know what i should do or who to contact? i’m now wondering about my last name! it has been his all these years!

Contact the District Attorney’s office in Pasedena Texas where you were married, as that is where the crime was committed. Btw, Bigamy is a 3rd degree FELONY in Tx.

Luckily, Ever state that you mention, NH, Utah & TX all treat bigamy as a Felony.

I know I am married to a bigamist, what should I do?

If you know you are married to a bigamist, go to the police immediately. Also retain an attorney quickly to represent you in your annulment. If you have proof you are married to a bigamist, take both marriage licenses with you to the police, this will help speed the complaint process.

What if I am not sure my spouse is a bigamist?
      If you are not sure, contact the previous spouse. Chances are he or she will be willing to help you. If the previous spouse is not willing to cooperate, try to secure the marriage license and look for the divorce decree or ask the police to contact the previous spouse.

Marriage licenses and divorce decrees are difficult to obtain because every state has different regulations and there is NO centralized database in the United States of marriage records.

Lovefraud – Great site to help check out marriage licenses

Fight Bigamy

If you have proof that your marriage was not legal and binding, there is nothing you need to do. Just hang on to the evidence of the marriages and no divorces. I believe it is a civil matter, not criminal, unless his actions resulted in a criminal act.

As far as your name is concerned, you can take on any name you want legally just by the use of that name over time, but if you want to change it now you have to also go through a legal name change procedure.

What a mess for you. Good luck.

thanks, am gonna check it out. also didn’t know it was a felony!! in my search of marriage licences, i found ours and directly under was his licence with #4 wife.(at least i think she’s #4).

I hope it all works out for you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General bigamist?