Big Decision/bankruptcy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

We just filed bankruptcy this past February. I can assure you that the bankruptcy laws have changed in the last 10 years. You cannot go out and run the cards up just before filing.

Our lawyer told us that the courts do not want to see any new credit charges in the four months prior to your filing. If you do fraudulently run them up knowing that you are about to file, the creditors have a right to challenge your discharge.

Diane

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 8:20 am
      subject: re: budget101.com : Re:Big Decision/bankruptcy

Teresa,

I doubt your lawyer would want you to tell people about that because he has counseled you to commit credit card fraud. I don’t recommend that anyone do anything like that just prior to filing. I’m not sure why you think that ripping off the credit card companies (buying things you know you are never going to pay for) is okay.

This is part of the reason that fees are so high. And is that really the lessons we want our children to learn?

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of purplebunnyfoofoo
      Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 2:20 PM
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Budget101.com : Re:Big Decision/bankruptcy

I did ‘it’ over 10 years ago and my attorneys first bit of advice was take the credit cards and finishing maxing them out with groceries, lots of dry goods, paper products, can goods ect…..then toiletries, and finally clothes. We did and some items lasted a year.

*~*Teresa Lavey*~*

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.