Big Decision/bankruptcy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I don’t know if it is illegal or not. I do know that Discover Card will call several times on Sunday. It least they did us,earlier this year, till we actually filed bankruptcy.

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:41 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re:Big Decision/bankruptcy

I beg to differ. First it is illegal for bill collectors to call on Sunday or before 9am or after 8pm or it is harassment. Second, get caller id and don’t answer the phone or have it unlisted.

i really had no choice in the matter at the time because my ex left me penniless and sky high in debt. i would have paid it if possible, but i could not. unlike a lot of people i don’t own a home home, i live in a rv.

i really don’t have anything of great monetary value that anyone would want because it would be more costly to the credit card company to go through the motions compared to what they would get out of it. also, my new husband has income so i don’t work outside the home and like i said before, there are no debtor prisions in america and after 7 years or if the debt is charged off and sold to another company, it is cancelled. It is not a good thing to do, but I have never filed bankruptcy and never been harassed long by credit card companies either.

If
      you can just pull up stakes and go on a moment’s notice like I can it is easy to just not pay in an emergency, but I don’t want everyone to do it because it is a last resort survival measure only. I got rid of $40,000 worth of debt this way and sometimes the companies that bought my debt call me and I laugh and hang up. They can’t take what you don’t have.

ok what more can they do except call and harass you ? nothing! unless they know where you work, then you switch jobs.

get a cell and give the number to no one! it is possible to “disappear” without going anywhere, i know because i have done it even when i rented a apartment. if it were me, i would stop paying, not answer their calls and continue on with life.

after awhile they do give up. bankruptcy is forever, don’t do it.

— on thu, 7/3/08, J Diane Northcutt <jdnorthcutt@ftc-i.net> wrote:

> From: J Diane Northcutt <jdnorthcutt@ftc-i.net>

> It is not that easy. You can’t just stop paying. That
      > might have worked

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.