- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 10, 2009 at 12:28 am by .
- August 10, 2009 at 12:28 am #275061
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
Makes: 4 servings
1 1/4 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
7 oz uncooked linguine-style rice stick noodles (from 14-oz package)
1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
1/2 lb lean ground pork
3 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, cut lengthwise into julienne (2×1/4×1/4-inch) strips
1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
3 medium green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In 2-cup glass measuring cup, mix sauce ingredients with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
2. In large stockpot, heat 4 quarts water to boiling over high heat. Remove from heat; add noodles.
Let stand 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender; drain.
3. Meanwhile, in wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat about 1 minute. Add pork and garlic; cook about 5 minutes, breaking up pork into small pieces with wooden spoon, until pork is no longer pink.
Add carrots, bell pepper, green onions and pepper flakes; cook 3 minutes, stirring 3 or 4 times.
4. Mix sauce mixture again with wire whisk to recombine; pour into wok. Stir to coat mixture with sauce.
Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors. Stir in sesame oil.
In large serving bowl, gently mix noodles with sauce mixture to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Look for sesame oil, peanut oil and oyster sauce in the Asian-foods section of your supermarket.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.