- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 10, 2009 at 12:21 am by .
- August 10, 2009 at 12:21 am #275059
Prep Time: 1 hour 0 min
Total Time: 1 hour 0 min
Makes: 36 bars
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
2 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups salted peanuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in pan using floured fingers.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows over crust; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
In 4-quart saucepan, cook corn syrup, butter, vanilla and chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Remove from heat; stir in cereal and nuts. Immediately spoon cereal mixture evenly over marshmallows.
Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase first bake time to 15 to 18 minutes.
Skip the cooking spray and line pan with foil for quick cleanup and easy bar removal.
For a different flavor, try milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips for the peanut butter chips.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.