- This topic is empty.
- June 20, 2021 at 2:22 pm #598947
Chunky Monkey ice cream bread is the perfect treat for banana bread lovers!
By adding chocolate chunk banana ice cream to this recipe, it elevates the concept of 2-ingredient bread to a whole new level. To give it a bit more kick, I added a banana as well as chocolate and walnuts, but without them the bread would be great as well.
This is by far the easiest and best banana bread recipe I’ve ever made – it’s just too good to give it up.
when I say that the add-ins are optional, I mean it, this bread is amazing without them!
Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bread
2 pints Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream, softened or melted
3 cups self-rising flour
Completely Optional mix-ins:
1 overly ripe banana, mashed
1 delicious chocolate bar (I used a bittersweet bar), chopped into varying size pieces
Handful of walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C)
- Prepare a bread pan by greasing and flouring it or lining it with parchment paper. Here is the pan I used
- Add melted ice cream to flour and stir until well combined. You can add optional mix-ins.
- Put the batter in the bread pan that has been prepared.
- Bake for 1 to 1.5 hours. We’ve essentially made a double loaf in a single pan. Cover the top with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too much.
- In order to determine whether the bread is ready, insert a skewer into the center and remove it, it should be clean.
You can make this 2-ingredient bread with any flavor of ice cream. Rocky Road is really delicious too.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.