Being famous saves $$$

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Being famous saves $$$

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

This can be a very expensive time of the year unless you’re famous. If you are asked to bring food for a potluck, tell them you’re bringing your “famous” inexpensive dish. I am “famous” for my hard rolls.

Cost for 16 large rolls is about 50¢. Don’t become famous for foods like cheesecake that can have up to $
      10.00 in ingredient costs. My rolls are requested from all of my friends.

Good idea MabelMartha!! I like it, and it’s cheap…errr…less expensive. :goodOne:

@MabelMartha 261097 wrote:

This can be a very expensive time of the year unless you’re famous. If you are asked to bring food for a potluck, tell them you’re bringing your “famous” inexpensive dish. I am “famous” for my hard rolls. Cost for 16 large rolls is about 50¢. Don’t become famous for foods like cheesecake that can have up to $
      10.00 in ingredient costs. My rolls are requested from all of my friends.

2lbkos0 smilieMiss MabelMartha, you really hit the nail on the head with this one! I became “Famous” for my Bacon Wrapped Scallops and Apricot Chutney! Not only are they expensive to make (aside from select times of the year!) they’re time consuming. Luckily I’m also famous for my Land o’ Nod cinnamon rolls and Southeastern Chicken Stew, so I have some inexpensive, super easy dishes to fall back on. Great title to the thread, lol!

For the holidays, I’m “famous” for peanut butter fudge. It’s fairly quick to make, and the biggest expense is peanut butter. I’ve been known to bring other dishes when I have extra time, but I let “you’ll have to make this again!”

fall on deaf ears unless the dish is cheap and quick.

The title of the thread drew me in, too…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Being famous saves $$$