- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated December 11, 2009 at 6:38 pm by .
- December 10, 2009 at 6:55 pm #278943mos
1 1/2 lbs flank steak
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
1/2 tbs parsley
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp salt
8-oz can stewed tomatoes
12 7-inch flour tortillas
2 tsp lime juice (optional)
Shredded colby and Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Sour Cream (optional)
Trim fat from steak.
Cut steak into 6 portions. Combine steak, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño peppers, parsley, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt in crockpot. Add undrained tomatoes.Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. (Or cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.) Set oven to 350°. To heat tortillas, wrap them in foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until softened.
remove steak from cooker and shred. Return steak to cooker. stir in lime juice, if desired.
To serve, use a slotted spoon to spoon steak mixture onto warm tortillas.
Top with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa, if desired. Roll up tortillas. 6 servings.
- December 11, 2009 at 1:53 pm #426726Karen OConnorI’m definately going to be trying this! Thanks for posting
- December 11, 2009 at 6:38 pm #426731mos
good! let me know how everyone likes it;-) by the way…have you seen the weather that you’re missing? hope they save some for your trip!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.