- January 31, 2012 at 12:32 am #302965
This is a hearty recipe that’s perfect for cooler weather. It’s like a soup or stew, but much thicker.
Beef and Mushroom Dinner
1 lb beef chunks or stew meat (whatever type you have on hand is fine)
s & p – to taste
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed French Onion Soup
1 can beef broth/stock
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
10 oz fresh mushrooms(approx 3 cups)-halved or quartered
3 medium carrots-sliced
3 stalks celery-sliced
1 med onion-large diced
1. Place all ingredients, except flour and water, into a prepared slow cooker.
2. Mix and cover. Cook 6 – 8 hours on low.
3. Add water and flour into a pint sized sealing jar and shake well to mix.
4. After cooking time, add slurry into slow cooker and turn on high. Cook
for an additional 15-20 minutes or until thickened as desired.
Serve over hot buttered noodles with fresh hot crusty bread.
- January 31, 2012 at 12:48 pm #431320Karen OConnorParticipant
I’ll be trying this tomorrow night. Thanks for posting!!
- February 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm #431331Karen OConnorParticipant
Made this and my family loved it–even my picky 14 year old ate–I had to leftovers!
- February 3, 2012 at 1:29 am #431332
I’m so glad your family liked it…my Hubby loves it. Thanks for the feedback. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.