- June 9, 2013 at 2:51 pm #319225
1 pound ground beef
1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 jar (16 oz) chunky salsa
1 package (1 oz) less-sodium taco seasoning mix
2 1/2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
3/4 cup bell pepper-chopped
4 medium green onions-sliced
2 medium tomatoes-chopped
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
1 cup shredded lettuce
sliced jalepeno peppers-to taste *Optional
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over
medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly
cooked; drain. Stir in refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning mix. Reduce
heat to medium. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2. In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips.
Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, 1 cup of the
tomato, the cheese, and olives.
3. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is
melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato, and
remaining 1/2 cup tortilla chips.
This is an easy recipe to take and bake. Just save the toppings to take and
serve with the hot casserole. In place of the cheddar cheese, try using a
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.