- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated September 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm by .
- September 2, 2013 at 11:41 pm #322301
Bean and Bacon Stew
1 large can of baked beans
1 tin of Bacon Grill
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1 pinch of salt
Empty tin of baked beans into sauce pan. Slice or dice tin of Bacon Grill and place in sauce pan. Add mushrooms with other ingredients.
Add a pinch of salt. Mix together and place on fire. Stir for 10 minutes.
For me, this is a typical camping recipe standard;-D Gotta have at least one camping trip with a bean recipe!
- September 3, 2013 at 3:22 pm #443360
What is Bacon Grill??
- September 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm #443419
Bacon Grill is a canned meat product made from chopped and cured pork (and sometimes chicken), seasoned to be similar in flavor to bacon. You can find it in Trader Joe’s if you have one near you or at a market that carries off-wall kinda products. I peruse the ‘specialty’ stores and stock up on items they have marked down like this.
- September 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm #443429
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.