- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated January 14, 2011 at 5:13 pm by .
- January 14, 2011 at 5:13 pm #290550
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 4 cups ice water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
Combine the first 7 ingredients into a bowl, mixing well.
Slice the potato super thin and soak the slices in ice water for 30 minutes.
Drain the slices, pat dry.
Heat the oil to 375F – fry the potatoes in batches until golden brown. (THey cook quickly!)
Drain on paper towels, sprinkle immediately with the BBQ Seasoning.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
1 potato= 4 1/2 c. Finished Chips.
That’s right folks, when you buy a bag of BBQ Potato chips, you’re spending $2.50 on a single potato.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.