Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Banana lovers, rejoice—Check out this Banana Split “Cake” recipe! More aptly named Banana Pudding Bars

this layered no bake dessert is perfect for summer parties and gatherings. i got the recipe from kraft a couple years ago and we use it every year now, it’s a family favorite.

I do make a couple of changes, I use Real Whipped cream, rather than cool whip (which is mostly chemicals, I also add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the pudding mixture.

9 graham crackers, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
      1/2 cup sugar, divided
      1/3 cup butter, melted
      2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened (for a lower cal version you can use neufchatel cheese instead)
      1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
      6 bananas, divided
      2 pkg.

(3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
      2 cups cold milk
      2 cups thawed cool whip whipped topping, divided
      1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)

Mix graham crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 13×9-inch pan. Freeze 10 min.

Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer until blended. Spread carefully over crust; top with pineapple.

Slice 4 bananas; arrange over pineapple.

Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup cool whip; spread over banana layer in pan. top with remaining cool whip.

refrigerate 5 hours. Slice remaining bananas just before serving; arrange over dessert. Top with nuts.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

This sounds fabulous! You had me at ‘no bake’giggle smiley

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.