- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 26, 2009 at 12:23 am by .
- August 26, 2009 at 12:23 am #275571
Ripe bananas? Mix them with NEW Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix and create delicious homemade cupcakes.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour 10 min
Makes: 17 cupcakes
1 box (15 oz) Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
1/3 cup butter, melted*
1/3 cup water
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup butter*
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in each of 17 regular-size muffin cups.
In large bowl, stir cupcake ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
2. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup butter over medium heat just until light brown, stirring occasionally.
(Watch carefully because butter can burn quickly.) Remove from heat. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk until smooth and spreadable.
Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
*Do not use margarine or vegetable oil spreads.
Did You Know?
Beurre noisette is the French term for “browned butter,” referring to butter that becomes light hazelnut in color during cooking. The wonderful, unforgettable, one-of-kind flavor has no equal or substitution.
1 Cupcake: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 32g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.