- June 11, 2012 at 4:16 pm #306684
Baked Zucchini Fries
2 large zucchini (about 6 inches long)
1 tsp s and p or to taste
1/2 cup AP flour or Bisquick
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup plain or Italian style bread crumbs or Panco
1. Cut off ends of zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half crosswise;
cut each half into 8 (3-inch) spears. Place spears in colander
over bowl; sprinkle with salt. Cover; let stand at room
temperature 4 hours so zucchini spears can dry.
2. Once zucchini spears are dry, rinse spears and pat
completely dry with paper towels; set aside.
3. Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper;
spray paper with cooking spray. Place flour or Bisquick in shallow
bowl. Beat eggs in another shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs or
Panco in third shallow bowl.
4. Dredge each zucchini spear in flour or Bisquick; dip into
eggs, then dredge in bread crumbs or Panco. Place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning spears over halfway through
baking time, until golden brown.
*For extra flavor, mix 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese with the
*Serve zucchini fries with your favorite marinara sauce or cool
ranch dressing dip.
- June 11, 2012 at 8:01 pm #432031TashdanParticipant
Yum! I cook mine almost the same way, but we add sliced jalapenos and 1 tsp chipotle powder to the breadcrumbs. It gives them a little hint of spicyness. We just fry the jalapeno slices and serve with the fries.
- June 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm #432032
Oh my Goodness! That sounds positively divine!
I’m making these again this evening, but I think I’m gonna have to try your version. Can I use jarred Jalapenos instead of fresh ones? That’s all I have on hand right at the moment…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.